Rapid Line, Inc.
Turning Natural Gas Expense into Profits
- Rapid Line is a manufacturer of steel parts used in the contract furniture industry
- They run their paint line for 20 hours per day, seven-days per week
- They were spending approximately $9,000 per month on natural gas (for a wash bay, dry-off oven, and bake oven)
I worked with Ky, the intern assigned to improve Rapid Line’s energy management, as well as their vendor to change out their black-pipe for copper and then install twenty-eight (28) 848 units on the paint line; here’s an example of what it looked like after installing the magnets (look just below the red box and you’ll see two 848’s on the copper pipe) …
Now for the results…
October was more than 400% above the Proposal’s Estimate
- Proposal estimated $300 / month savings
- October savings reached $1,256.67
- Payback in 5.5 months (presuming we maintain October’s performance)
I could go on and share with you that this project’s Internal Rate of Return (IRR) has soared above 100% or in September we saved over $500 but you asked me to be brief!
As you know, I’m willing to share more details with you or anyone else about what we experienced at Rapid Line … feel free to reach out and contact me, take care.
Daniel J Kallman | President | c. 616.648.4610
f. 888.301.0228 | www.blueskyrm.com
RETURN TO / VISIT THE GMXFUEL.COM SITE